Polyester– Chances are, you have quite a bit of polyester in your closet. It’s one of the most used synthetic fibers in clothing due to its wrinkle and shrink resistant qualities. Polyester can be washed in your machine at home with no issue.
Linen– Due to its breathable texture and lightweight feel, linen is a favorite for warm days. Some linen blends can be washed in your machine at home, but it is particularly difficult to press, even with professional experience. To keep the original look and feel of linen it should be dry-cleaned.
Silk– Luxurious as it may be, silk items take a little extra care. Some silk items have already been treated and pre-shrunk but it’s best to check the label before tossing it in the washing machine. For best results your silk items should be dry-cleaned.
Cotton– The easiest fabric you could ask for, cotton typically doesn’t call for specialized care. Because it’s one of the most popular fabrics used for clothing, most all cotton items have been pre-treated and shrunk and are ready to be washed in your washing machine.
Rayon– Similar to cotton and linen, rayon is a comfortable fabric that seems to get even cozier with wear. Since it’s made from natural fibers and prone to shrinking, rayon should be dry-cleaned or carefully hand washed.
Take the worry out of laundry day by dropping off your delicate care items with us. We guarantee a professional and timely cleaning for the most beloved pieces in your wardrobe.
Our experienced cleaning professionals will save you the headache and time of spending a whole evening or even a weekend taking care of laundry. Our trained team specializes in delicate care, stain removal, and specialized cleaning techniques. We’ll keep your new holiday garments looking great all year round and provide you with the highest level of service.
At our facilities we will give your clothes a deeper clean with less wear than you would experience with a washing machine. We know how easy it is to lose track of garments in the wash, mixing delicate materials with hardier fabrics. We will keep your delicate and gentle care garments in pristine condition without unwanted shrinking and color fade.
Make one resolution that’s easy to keep this year. Bring us your laundry and we’ll take care of the rest!
Holiday parties are one of the greatest parts of this season, but the cleanup afterwards is never a desirable chore. Take some stress out of your cleanup routine by tackling your table linens with our simple tips for care. And if you want to make your cleanup list even shorter, bring the table linens to us for a quick, professional clean.
Polyester: A simple fabric to care for, polyester is machine washable in cold water. If your polyester table coverings have stains, stain remover is also safe for this fabric. Polyester is also safe for dryers, on a low heat setting.
Satin: As satin is a more delicate fabric and treating stains can be more difficult. We suggest bringing this fabric in to us for expert stain removal.
Lace: The best way to clean lace is by hand washing and using a mild detergent in cold water. Avoid using force to scrub at the material as it can damage the delicate fabric. After washing your lace tablecloths don’t wring out the excess water, instead gently squeeze and press out the remaining water and air-dry only. Lace can be very fickle, so if you aren’t sure you can drop it off with us.
Linen: For delicate linens, it’s best to hand wash in warm water. Use gentle detergent or soap to keep the material intact. Do not use a chlorine based bleach to remove stains and be sure to clean quickly when stains are fresh.
These care tips will keep your favorite table linens party-ready for the years to come. And remember, for any difficult cleaning, large jobs, or delicate materials, bring your table linens in to us for a professional cleaning! As an added benefit, we will expertly press all linens so they are wrinkle free and look like new.
Tis the Season for holiday parties! But what exactly does that “festive attire” mean on your invitation? Be prepared for any festive occasion with our Holiday Party Dress Code Guide.
• Office Party- Sure, the office party is a great event to have some fun but it’s a good idea to keep in mind those attending the party with you. Keep your attire festive, but still professional. Throw in a little sparkle or bright holiday color without going overboard.
• Black Tie- This is your chance to pull out the most glamorous look in your closet! Grab your formal attire but don’t forget to add a festive touch. Whether you add a little extra sparkle with cuff-links or a statement necklace, maybe a festive tie, or even some holly in your hair, keep some seasonal color in your outfit.
• Ugly Sweater- The only rules at these parties is to have the most outrageous attire possible. Bells, sequins, and decorative glitter will let you take home the cake for the ugliest sweater in the house.
• Causal- Casual may mean different things to different people, but this party is probably not the time to step out in your active wear. A great pair of jeans with a casual sweater will keep your outfit seasonal and stylish.
As always, when you need a professional after-party clean for your favorite festive garments, send them over to us. Happy Holidays and enjoy the parties!
It’s officially sweater weather! Start sweater season out right by taking your favorite cozy sweaters to the dry cleaner for a professional cleaning. They’ll need a fresh start after they’ve been hidden in the back of your closet!
While most synthetic blends are fine in your washing machine, extra care needs to be taken for natural fibers and fabrics. Check out our guide to proper cleaning for your favorite sweaters:
• Sheep Wool- Do you have a cozy Merino or Lambswool sweater? Heat can easily damage your favorite wool sweater, so leave the cleaning to the professionals! We’ve been trained to treat delicate fabrics and keep your favorite garments in perfect condition.
• Cashmere- Keep that cashmere luxurious by hand washing in cold water. Always dry the sweater on a flat surface to reduce shrinkage.
• Angora- Keep your sweater comfy for years of wear by taking it to the dry cleaner. Angora is very prone to shrinking when washed in a machine or by hand; not the fate you’d like for your sweater.
• Chenille- Your sweater will quickly lose it’s soft, silky feel when put in the washing machine. For best results, always hand wash the sweater inside out and dry on a flat surface.
Always read the care label on your sweaters before washing to keep your favorite sweaters looking runway-ready all season. And remember, when in doubt, you can bring your delicate fabrics to us for a professional clean!
Let’s be honest. When you drop off your clothes and walk out the door, you worry. You worry that you won’t get all your garments back and you’ll end up with someone else’s hot pink sweater instead of your Burberry raincoat. You worry that your garment will be lost or that your cleaner will put it in the wrong bin and it will be ruined forever. We believe you shouldn’t worry when you entrust us with your garments and here’s how we guarantee it.
With our new automated assembly system from Metalprogetti, we guarantee your garments will be returned directly to you after cleaning. We assign each of your items with a personalized barcode for tracking throughout the cleaning process. After cleaning, they are electronically sorted and returned safely to you. If for some reason our cleaning process takes longer than originally promised, you’ll receive your order free of charge, delivered directly to your home or office for your convenience. And in an even greater effort to remain environmentally conscious we utilize garment bags cut to size. We know that one size doesn’t fit all and we tailor our bags to fit your garments, using less poly material for less waste.
Here at Sir Galloway Dry Cleaners, we work to provide you with the highest level of customer service and we promise to continue to find new ways to serve you better. So trust us with your most treasured garments and we guarantee to be ready on time, deliver your garments ready to wear, and promise to always have friendly and knowledgeable customer care.
Moving to a new city? There is always a laundry list of things to get done after your move but we think your laundry shouldn’t be on that list. Here are 5 things we think you should look for in a dry cleaner.
- Customer Service: Look for a company that puts you first! Customer care plays a major role in your satisfaction of a company. We will always work to make you feel valued because we know that great customer service starts with upheld promises.
- Green Dry Cleaning: Find a company that cares for the environment. Eco-friendly dry cleaning services are important not only for keeping our environment clean but also for providing you with a safe and residue free clean for your garments.
- Expertise: We understand that your clothing is important to you and it takes trust to leave the cleaning to us. Choose a company that has years of experience under their belt and trained professionals that understand every detail of the dry cleaning process. We offer many other convenient services, including wedding dress restoration and specialized alteration services in addition to dry cleaning, to provide you with well-rounded expertise.
- Convenience: Does your dry cleaner offer free pickup and delivery? We think that your dry cleaning shouldn’t be a worry. Pickup and delivery are a just a small fraction of the convenient services we offer, making dry-cleaning a stress free process for you.
- Quality of Work: Choose a cleaner that takes care in cleaning your garments. Your clothes should come back feeling and smelling fresh and ready to wear, without any residue or chemical odors. We suggest using a test garment when trying a new cleaner to be certain the garment is cleaned to your standards.
Whether you’re moving or just haven’t found a preferred dry cleaning service yet, use these tips to find the best cleaner for your needs. Happy searching!
As the saying goes, “Life’s not about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about dancing in the rain.” Although this quote may have a more metaphorical message, we think everyone SHOULD take an opportunity to literally dance in the rain. This means, you may need to pull out that raincoat from the back of the closet to be cleaned.
Even if your coat only sees the outdoors on rainy days, it should still have the same level of cleaning care as your favorite items. Gone are the days of drab raincoats, now there are an endless variety of bright styles in an array of fabrics, allowing your raincoat to play a more stylish role in your wardrobe. Here are a few of the fabric trends in outwear from the past few years and the specialized care they require:
- Brushed Cotton: This type of fabric is used to create softer, less bulky looks for outerwear. While it contributes to a more stylish look, it can also show wear quickly. Washing brushed cotton in a traditional washing machine can speed wear and tear and make your outerwear garments look older more quickly.
- Water Repellant Finishes: Most rainwear has varying degrees of water repellant finish to keep you dry and cozy in wet weather. When exposed to traditional washing techniques this finish can break down and crack, making your trusty rain jacket less reliable.
- Decorative Trims: As rainwear has become more stylish, designers have begun adding decorative trims to garments. It can be difficult to achieve a full cleaning of your outerwear pieces without damaging the trim in a washing machine. Save yourself the time of hand washing your rain jacket and drop it by the dry cleaners.
Dry cleaning will keep your raincoat looking spotless during both the rain and shine. Our specialized processes keep the unique fabric of your jacket in its best condition while providing the highest quality clean possible. So stay dry during rainy days and keep your rain jackets looking like new for years to come.
Sure, it’s nice to see a guarantee on our website, but what does it really mean? We thought our customers would like to know exactly what our guarantee offers.
- Our tracking ticket system has your name on it, guaranteeing your garments won’t be misplaced.
- In the event we fail to have your order ready on time, your order is free of charge and we will deliver it to your home or office.
- If you are not completely satisfied with the quality of our work, we will be happy to try again until you are satisfied.
- Our mission is to always deliver on time, ready to wear, and to put focus on friendly and knowledgeable customer care.
Since 1984 we have been a family owned and operated business and have provided a wide range of dry cleaning solutions to fit all your needs. We take great pride and care in our quality services; every one of your garments will be gently and carefully cleaned through our environmentally minded cleaning process. Each garment is carefully inspected by specialists, who check every button, zip, and tie and searching for spots, open seams, or pressing imperfections and making sure that every garment is picture perfect and ready to wear.
We are confident that our services reflect our mission and values and we promise to always put you, the customer, first. You’ll see the difference is knight and day!
How many times have you put on your favorite shirt or pants only to be surprised with a missing button or stuck zipper? Sometimes a quick fix is easier said than done when it comes to your busy schedule, leaving your favorite items to sit in the back of your closet unworn, or even get tossed out with the weekly trash.
Americans send 10.5 million tons of clothing to landfills each year, often because they don’t fit or have a minor issue. Don’t throw away your favorite items just because they have a small tear or are missing a button. Here at Sir Galloway, we provide garment repair services for all your garments. Even better, we’ll check your garments each time they are cleaned and make minor fixes for free. We offer:
- Zipper replacements
- Torn seams
- Button replacements
- Rips or tears
- Adjust hems
- Adjust sizes (let in or let out seams)
Never throw out your favorite shirt again! We think your favorite garments should stay in your closet, not tossed out or forgotten because of a minor issue. Next time your garments need cleaning and repairing, bring them in to Sir Galloway. Our on site professionals will take care of them for you with spectacular results.